Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A day in my Life :: The Lost Psychic


I am a great believer of using my intuition, but it never serves me well when I am driving. Especially when driving to new places, I always get lost. It is a well known fact with everyone. How does a psychic get lost?  I should be able to feel my way, right?  It is something that gives many people great laughter over the years. But I think I am just directionally challenged.




I have this habit while I am driving to lose myself in thought.  One time I had an 8 o'clock meeting in one town and suddenly  I realized that I didn't recognize any of the surroundings and was now three hours away. It was a good day I told myself. I explained to my boss somewhat creatively, "there were no accidents, no blood and no one got hurt".   A good day in my books, I say.





Every time I go to my friend Cheryl's I get lost on my way home.   I never take the same way home and I usually have to stop and find someone to give me directions.  (I may have been there quite a few times and I always have to call either on the way there or back).



My family threatens to get me dog tags with if lost please return....... but then I always find a great short cut that takes about a minimum of an hour longer to get somewhere.





One time we were lost in the United States and I had my husband follow the birds flying overhead to get us to where we going.   To my friend it made since (she and I are on the same page and they were hawks); my husband on the other hand thought I was certifiable. But it worked.




I remember about 10 years ago getting lost on my way home from work and I pulled over and sobbed and sobbed.   A friend of mine called me and I was so upset; they explained it was just another adventure and not to worry I would always find my way.  That has always stuck with me.  They got me a compass as a joke.  



So now I have my weekly excellent adventures. I look forward to them, I always get to see new things and meet new people.  I always manage to find my way and hey if all else fails, I just follow the birds.  You never know where they will take you.





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your lost stories. The one about following the hawks is, of course, my most favourite! :-)

    xxoo Sirkku

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...